You need to create an account with Shiny to use the Services. When you create an account, we will ask you for some information about yourself. We may require you, at our sole discretion, to provide additional information and/or documents. If you do not provide complete and accurate information and/or documents in response to such a request, we may refuse to provide you with the Services.
Your Shiny account is subject to the following conditions:
- You may only open one account on Shiny. If we have a reasonable suspicion that you have opened multiple accounts on Shiny, we reserve the right to take whatever action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to closing and/or freezing your accounts.
- Access: you understand and agree that access to your Shiny account is limited solely to you. You agree that you will not sell, rent, lease, or grant access to your Shiny account to any person without our prior written permission.
- Security: you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your account and control over any usernames, passwords, or any other codes that you use to access the Services. Any unauthorized access to your account by third parties could result in the loss or theft of NFTs and/or funds held in your account and any associated accounts, including your linked credit card(s). You understand and agree that you will not hold us responsible for managing and maintaining the security of your account. You further understand and agree that we are not responsible (and you will not hold us responsible) for any unauthorized access to or use of your account. You are responsible for monitoring your account. If you notice any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account, please notify us immediately.
- Trading Fees: by buying an NFT on Shiny, you agree to pay all applicable fees and you authorize Shiny to automatically deduct fees directly from your payment. You will always be provided with a breakdown of fees prior to your purchase of an NFT.
- Communication: you agree and understand that we will communicate with you via electronic means. To ensure that you receive all of our communications, you agree to keep your email address and telephone number current and notify us if there are any changes. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications delivered to your email address on record is considered valid.
IF SHINY HAS A REASONABLE BELIEF THAT YOU HAVE ENGAGED IN ACTIVITIES (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) ABOVE, SHINY RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CONFISCATE ANY NFT PURCHASES PURSUANT TO THOSE ACTIVITIES AND/OR DEEM SUCH TRANSACTIONS NULL AND VOID.
You agree that we may send you promotional communications by email, including, but not limited to, newsletters, special offers, surveys, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you.
You agree that we may send you communications by email or text message that pertain to the status of a purchase or sale of an NFT on Shiny, and other communications that pertain to your interaction with the website, including but not limited to notifications about the status of an NFT you are interested in purchasing.
You may opt out of promotional communications at any time by following the instructions provided therein.
You understand and agree that you are responsible for any User Content you submit or contribute, and you, not Shiny, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content, accuracy, or appropriateness of any User Content posted by you or any other user on the Site.
If you are an NFT Creator, you hereby grant Shiny exclusive, worldwide licenses to:
- use the artwork contained in your NFT Creation for purposes of minting, displaying and selling your NFT Creations;
- use your name and image for marketing or promotional purposes;
- use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and otherwise transmit images from your NFT Creations for marketing or promotional purposes; and
- use your biography and other public information about you to promote your NFT Creations.
As an NFT Creator, you understand and agree that:
- You are responsible for the accuracy and content of your NFT Creations;
- Any NFT Creation that violates any of Shiny’s policies may be obfuscated or deleted by Shiny, in its sole discretion;
- You will not use the artwork incorporated into your NFT Creations for the creation of additional non-fungible tokens;
- You will respect the intellectual property of others; and
- You will not coordinate pricing with other NFT Creators.
Unless otherwise indicated in writing by us, the Site, all content, and all other materials contained therein, including, but not limited to, the Shiny logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Shiny Content”) are the proprietary property of Shiny or our affiliates, licensors, or users, as applicable. The Shiny logo and any Shiny product or service names, logos, or slogans that may appear on the Site or elsewhere are trademarks of Shiny or our affiliates, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
You may not use any Shiny Content to link to the Site or Content without our express written permission. You may not use framing techniques to enclose any Shiny Content without our express written consent. In addition, the look and feel of the Site and Content, including without limitation, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts constitute the service mark, trademark, or trade dress of Shiny and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you understand and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your account, and you further agree that all rights in and to your account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Shiny.
By placing a bid or an order on or through Shiny, you agree that you are submitting a binding offer to purchase such an NFT or Service. Your order is accepted and confirmed once purchase is complete, and Shiny displays the Confirmation Page ("Confirmation Page"). YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF AN NFT BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION PAGE IS DISPLAYED.
No refunds or returns are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guarantees that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
NFT Creators may choose to provide certain rights to holders of their NFTs, which may include, but is not limited to, physical items, special access, or other exclusive content (collectively, “Additional Items”). If you own an NFT that entitles you to Additional Items, you hereby consent to Shiny sharing your contact information with the NFT Creator to facilitate delivery of your Additional Items. Unless otherwise stated, transactions on the Secondary Market are only for NFTs and do not grant the purchaser the right to any Additional Items.
Outside the Shiny Content, all other trademarks, product names, and logos on the Site are the property of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the permission of the applicable trademark holder. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that third-party material hosted by Shiny infringes your copyright or trademark rights, please file a notice of infringement by contacting Shiny’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless stated otherwise, NFT ownership does not signify copyright ownership. The work contained in purchased NFTs remains the intellectual property of the artist or of Shiny. Users are not permitted to reproduce, distribute copies, or publicly perform the original work contained in purchased NFTs.
In such an event, please provide Shiny’s Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on Site of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Shiny’s policy is to suspend or terminate the account of repeat infringers. Shiny’s response may depend on relevant aggravating or mitigating circumstances, but generally we will terminate an account if it is the subject of three valid infringement notices.
We hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site and Content. Our grant of such license is subject to the following conditions:
- Unlawful Activity: you agree not to engage, or assist, in any activity that violates any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or sanctions program.
- Abusive Activity: you agree not to engage in any activity that poses a threat to Shiny, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful code, or through unauthorized access to the Site or other users’ accounts.
- Inappropriate Behavior: you agree not to interfere with other users’ access to or use of the Services.
- Communication: you agree not to communicate with other users for purposes of (1) sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam; (2) engaging in hate speech or harassing or abusing other users; (3) interfering with transactions of other users. You agree not to use data collected from the Site to contact individuals, companies, or other persons or entities outside the Site for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing activity.
- Fraud: you agree not to engage in any activity which operates to defraud Shiny, others users, or any other person; or to provide any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to Shiny.
- Gambling: you agree not to utilize the Services to engage in any lottery, bidding fee auctions, contests, sweepstakes, or other games of chance.
- Taxes: Neither Shiny nor any other Shiny Party is responsible for determining the withholding, sales, use, value added, transfer or other taxes, together with any interest and penalties imposed with respect thereto (“Taxes”), that apply to your NFT transactions. You agree that you are solely responsible for determining what, if any, Taxes apply to your NFT transactions and to withhold, collect, report and remit the correct amounts of Taxes to the appropriate taxing authorities. Unless otherwise indicated on an applicable invoice, any amounts due in respect of an NFT transaction are exclusive of sale, use, value added or similar Taxes (“Sales Taxes”) which shall be your responsibility. Any payments with respect to your NFT transactions shall be made without deduction or withholding for any Taxes, except as required by applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: you agree not to (1) engage in transactions involving items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the law; (2) use Shiny Content (as defined in Section 8 above) without express written consent from Shiny; or (3) engage in any action that implies an untrue endorsement or affiliation with Shiny.
- Hyperlinks: you are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to create a text hyperlink to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided that such link does not portray Shiny, our affiliates, or the Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner, and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal materials, or other materials that is offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.
- Additional Prohibitions: you agree not to (1) distribute, publish, broadcast, reproduce, copy, retransmit, or publicly display any Content; (2) modify or create derivative works from the Site or Content, or any portion thereof; (3) use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods on the Site or Content; (4) download any portion of the Site or Content, other than for purposes of page caching, except as expressly permitted by us.
You understand and agree that in the event that you deposit digital assets or NFTs into an incorrect address, we may not have the ability, and are under no obligation or duty, to return such digital assets or NFTs to you. This section applies regardless of whether we control the destination address.
Please note: exceptions to this section may be considered and made on a case-by-case basis and at our sole discretion.
You agree and understand that we may modify part or all of Shiny or the Services without notice.
Please note the following risks in accessing or using Shiny:
- The price and liquidity of digital assets, including NFTs, are extremely volatile and may be subject to large fluctuations;
- Fluctuations in the price of other digital assets could materially and adversely affect NFTs, which may also be subject to significant price volatility;
- Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of NFTs;
- NFTs are not legal tender and are not backed by the government;
- Transactions in NFTs may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable;
- Some transactions in NFTs shall be deemed to be made when recorded on a public ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that you initiated the transaction;
- The value of NFTs may be derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange fiat currency or digital assets for NFTs, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular NFT should the market for that NFT disappear;
- The nature of NFTs may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber-attack; Changes to Third Party Sites (discussed in Section 14 below) may create a risk that your access to and use of the Site will suffer.
You agree and understand that you are solely responsible for determining the nature, potential value, suitability, and appropriateness of these risks for yourself, and that Shiny does not give advice or recommendations regarding NFTs, including the suitability and appropriateness of, and investment strategies for, NFTs. You agree and understand that you access and use Shiny at your own risk; however, this brief statement does not disclose all of the risks associated with NFTs and other digital assets. You agree and understand that Shiny will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience when using NFTs, however caused.
Shiny provides these Third-Party Sites only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Sites, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Sites at your own risk. When you leave our Site, our Agreement and policies no longer govern. We may, but are not obligated to, warn you that you are leaving our Site.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN WRITING BY SHINY, THE SITE, CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN, AND NFTS LISTED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SHINY (AND ITS SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL (1) MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (3) BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON MATERIAL OR INFORMATION, CONTAINED ON THE SITE. SHINY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT CONTENT ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE.
WHILE SHINY ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT SAFE, SHINY CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, ANY NFTS LISTED ON OUR SITE OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE ONLINE. YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET AND WILL NOT HOLD US RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR, ANY USE OF NFTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM: (1) USER ERROR SUCH AS FORGOTTEN PASSWORDS, INCORRECTLY CONSTRUCTED TRANSACTIONS, OR MISTYPED ADDRESSES; (2) SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS; (3) CORRUPTED WALLET FILES; (4) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO APPLICATIONS; (5) ANY UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE SITE OR NFTS.
NFTS ARE INTANGIBLE DIGITAL ASSETS. THEY EXIST ONLY BY VIRTUE OF THE OWNERSHIP RECORD MAINTAINED IN THE ETHEREUM/POLYGON NETWORK. ANY TRANSFER OF TITLE THAT MIGHT OCCUR IN ANY UNIQUE DIGITAL ASSET OCCURS ON THE DECENTRALIZED LEDGER WITHIN THE ETHEREUM/POLYGON PLATFORM. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SHINY OR ANY SHINY PARTY CAN AFFECT THE TRANSFER OF TITLE OR RIGHT IN ANY NFTS.
Shiny is not responsible for sustained losses due to vulnerability or any kind of failure, abnormal behavior of software (e.g. wallet, smart contract), blockchains, or any other features of NFTs. Shiny is not responsible for sustained losses due to late reports by developers or representatives (or no report at all) of any issues with the blockchain supporting NFTs including forks, technical node issues or any other issues having fund losses as a result.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit liability of either party for fraud, death or bodily injury caused by negligence, violation of laws, or any other activity that cannot be limited or excluded by legitimate means.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, SHINY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SITE AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SHINY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITE, PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY SITES AND PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF SHINY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITES, PRODUCTS OR THIRD-PARTY SITES AND PRODUCTS ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SHINY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, NFTS, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED ON THE SITE EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) AED 300 OR(B) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO SHINY FOR THE SERVICES IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF SHINY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY A MEMBER OF SHINY’S NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY A MEMBER OF SHINY’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions also limit disclaimers or limitations of liability for personal injury from consumer products, so this limitation may not apply to personal injury claims.
Please read the following agreement to arbitrate (“Arbitration Agreement”) in its entirety. This clause requires you to arbitrate disputes with Shiny and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to: your access, use, or attempted access or use of the Site; any products sold or distributed through the Site; or any aspect of your relationship with Shiny will be resolved by binding arbitration, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (2) you or Shiny may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyright, or patent). You agree that any such arbitration shall be settled solely and exclusively by binding arbitration held in Dubai, UAE, conducted in English, rather than in court.
You understand that by agreeing to this Arbitration Agreement, you and Shiny are each waiving their right to trial by jury and to participate in a class action or class arbitration.
If any part of this Arbitration Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then such part shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue to in full force and effect.
This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the termination of your relationship with Shiny.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your license to access or use the Site or Content, at any time and for any reason. You understand and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such an event.
If you have any questions, would like to provide feedback, or would like more information about Shiny, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our list and stay up to date with exclusive drops.